The Benefits of Air Conditioning in the workplace
Air conditioning can be an emotive topic, just recently hitting the headlines and dividing the sexes regarding what temperature is deemed ‘comfortable’. However despite this debate, that will no doubt run and run, professionally installed air conditioning systems have many benefits in the workplace.
- Energy Efficient - Air conditioning technology is constantly evolving and air conditioning systems of all types, from simple split systems to larger heat recovery VRF systems are becoming ever more energy efficient. They are able to efficiently cool and heat a building, providing a constant and comfortable temperature, minimising energy use, reducing utility costs and carbon footprint.
- Controllable Comfort - No one likes to feel hot and sticky at work. It can lower productivity and be the brunt of many an office moan! Increased humidity can make an environment feel hotter than it actually is. Air conditioning systems simply remove the excess moisture from the air to eliminate ‘stickiness’.
- Reduces humidity - No one likes to feel hot and sticky at work. It can lower productivity and be the brunt of many an office moan! Increased humidity can make an environment feel hotter than it actually is. Air conditioning systems simply remove the excess moisture from the air to eliminate ‘stickiness’.
- Improves air quality - Busy offices can be a breeding ground for coughs and colds. Air conditioning systems contain filters that purify the air, reducing the number of bacteria and dust particles, odours and potential allergens. Occupants benefit from clean, filtered air, particularly important for those who suffer from allergies or respiratory problems.
- Silent operation - Modern systems are very quiet, they may be continually monitoring and responding to the environment, but you wouldn’t know it. Even when systems are working flat out, when outside temperatures are at their most extreme, staff remain undisturbed.
- Protects business critical equipment - Modern workplaces are jam packed with technology that generates heat. This heat needs to be removed from the environment as delicate equipment can only operate within certain tolerances. Cleverly designed air conditioning systems take heat and humidity away, dispersing that energy elsewhere where it’s needed, ensuring your business critical equipment is safe.